Field of application:
Self-levelling mortar for coating, levelling and levelling cement, anhydrite and any other material screeds.
Levelling paste for renovations and quick repairs.
Can be overlaid after 1 hour.
For interior use.
Grey powder with special cements and plasticisers with good dispersibility.
Mixed with water it produces a smooth, flowing, self-levelling mortar which can be worked for 15 minutes and after 1 hour it can be walked on and coated.
The mortar hardens by hydration.
The substrate must be dry, resistant, solid, rough and free of disintegrable elements. Remove soft residues or residues of glue without resistance. Resistant glue residues based on synthetic resin dispersions or solvents must be sanded or brushed off.
Smooth, non-porous substrates or substrates with polyurethane, resin and bitumen-based glue residues must be primed with ARDEX P82 synthetic resin primer.
To avoid air bubbles on porous substrates, they should be primed with ARDEX P51 primer diluted 1:1 with water.
In case of doubt, a preliminary test is recommended.
Instructions for use:
Pour clear water into a clean container and mix, stirring vigorously, the required amount of powder until a lump-free mortar is obtained.
Approximately 5 ¼ litres of water are required to mix 20 kg of ARDEX K55 powder.
Mix as much mortar as can be worked within 1/4 hour.
The mortar can be used for approx. 1/4 hour at a temperature of 18 - 20°C. After 1 hour, the mortar can be walked on and coated. Lower temperatures lengthen the working time, higher temperatures shorten the working and coating time.
It is recommended that the ambient temperature should not be below 15°C for coating.
Small irregularities cannot normally be levelled out afterwards, but must be scraped out and levelled with the help of a spatula after the rest has hardened after 3 hours.
General rule of thumb:
On non-porous substrates apply a coat of ARDEX K55 at least 1.5 mm thick.
For thick levelling work thicker than 10 mm, the ARDEX K55 mortar must be extended as follows:
If necessary, carry out subsequent fixings immediately after the treading time (1 hour).
The applied layers, even if they are thick, can be coated within one hour after application of the mortar.
Apply ARDEX K55 at temperatures above +5°C and below +30°C.
Do not use in areas with permanent humidity.
Level the mastic asphalt layers with ARDEX K14, which is suitable for this purpose.
Parquet and cork should always be applied the next day (24 hours).
When applying coatings observe the instructions for use of the adhesives and the coating manufacturer.
Contains cement, alkaline reaction, therefore protect skin and eyes. In case of contact rinse thoroughly with water. In case of contact with eyes consult a doctor.
Once dry, it has no physiological or ecological effects.
GISCODE ZP 1 = Product containing chromate-poor cement.
- Mixing ratio: Approx. 5.25 litres of water: 20 kg. Powder representing approx. 1 vol. water : 3 1/4 vol. powder.
- Density: Approx. 1.2 kg/l.
- Density of the mortar when fresh: Approx. 1.9 kg/litre.
- Yield: Approx. 1.5 kg of powder per m2 and mm.
- Open time (20°C): Approx. 15 min.
- Workability (20°C): Approx. 1 h.
- Recoatable (20°C): Approx. 1 hour
- Compressive strength:
- After 1 day approx. 20 N/mm².
- After 7 days approx. 30 N/mm².
- After 28 days approx. 35 N/mm².
- Flexural strength:
- After 1 day approx. 6 N/mm² After 7 days approx. 8 N/mm².
- After 7 days approx. 8 N/mm².
- After 28 days approx. 10 N/mm².
- Brinell hardness:
- After 1 day approx. 40 N/mm² After 7 days approx. 50 N/mm².
- after 7 days approx. 50 N/mm² After 7 days approx. 50 N/mm².
- After 28 days approx. 60 N/mm².
- Suitable for furniture on castors: Yes
- Suitable for underfloor heating: Yes
- Packaging: 20 kg bags.
- Storage: Approx. 6 months in a dry place in closed original packaging.