Field of application:
- - For repairing all types of substrates before applying various types of coatings.
- - For filling holes, fissures, cracks and crazes.
- - For levelling different levels between two floor slabs, between prefabricated and other types of floors.
- - For levelling concrete surfaces, anhydrite and also mastic asphalt, concrete agglomerates, ceramics, wood, etc.
- - For the partial repair of floor surfaces and for the reworking of old spalling floors.
- - For the construction and repair of floorings in several layers.
- - Preparation of walls for painting: tiles, wood, PVC, etc. from 0 to 5mm thick.
ARDEX-FIX is composed of special cements, synthetic resins in dispersion and very fine-grained fillers.
Mixed with water, it produces a homogeneous and stable mortar that can be worked for 5 minutes. Initial setting by hydration takes place after 30 minutes.
Preparation of the substrate:
ARDEX-FIX will adhere to almost any common building substrate.
The substrate must be dry, without any separating elements.
Old glue residues must be well adhered to the substrate.
Apply ARDEX-FIX without any kind of primer.
On painted or synthetic surfaces, a coat of ARDEX P82 primer, based on synthetic resins, must be applied.
In case of doubt, carry out a preliminary test.
Instructions for use:
Do not mix more product than can be applied in approximately 5 minutes.
Mix the product in a clean container. Add the water beforehand and then add the product while whisking vigorously until a homogeneous, lump-free mortar is obtained.
Approx. 1/3 litre of water to be mixed with 1 kg. of ARDEX-FIX can be worked for approx. 5 minutes at a temperature of 18 to 20°C. On non-absorbent surfaces, apply ARDEX-FIX in a layer of less than 1 mm. After this layer has hardened, you can apply the final finish coat in the appropriate thickness.
The possibility of applying any other type of coating on top will be achieved within 30 minutes of laying ARDEX-FIX, always at temperatures above +5°C.
ARDEX-FIX should not be applied outdoors or on surfaces that are constantly wet.
For levelling work on large surfaces and thicknesses of more than 5 mm, consult the wide range of Ardex self-levelling mortars.
ARDEX-FIX has a very high performance. See density when making a quotation.
In case of contact with skin, wash immediately and thoroughly with soap and water. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water. Wear suitable gloves and eye/face protection.
- Mixing ratio: Approx. 1/3 water per 1 kg powder or 1.65 litres of water per 5 kg powder. 1 vol. water: 3 1/2 vol. powder.
- Density: Approx. 0.86 kg/litre
- Density of mortar when fresh: Approx. 1.4 kg/litre
- Yield: Approx. 1.15 kg/m2/mm (very high yield) per m2 and mm.
- A 5 kg bag is sufficient for levelling 4.4 m2 with a thickness of 1 mm.
- Application time (20°C): Approx. 5 minutes.
- Tacking time (20°C): Approx. after 1/2 hour
- Setting time (20°C): Approx. 1/2 hour
- Compressive strength:
- Approx. 20 N/mm2 (1 day)
- Approx. 37 N/mm2 (7 days)
- Approx. 40 N/mm2 (28 days)
- Suitable for wheelchairs: Yes
- Suitable for underfloor heating: Yes
- Packaging: 5 kg bags.
- Storage: Approx. 12 months in dry places and in its original closed packaging.