Areas of application:
Realisation of decorative continuous floors with a customised design in places subject to moderate loads and uses (impact, wear and tear, etc.), such as shops, offices, restaurants, foyers, exhibition areas, private homes, etc.
White powder based on special cements, well-dispersed synthetic materials and selected fillers. When mixed with water, a ductile, self-levelling, ready-to-spread and pumpable mortar is obtained, which can be worked for approx. l/2 hour, and after approx. 3 hours is ready to be walked on.
The mortar hardens by hydration and drying to such a low-stressed mass that crack formation is practically excluded. Finishing work, except for surface sealing, e.g. joint cutting and sandblasting or similar work, can be carried out once the surface is already trafficable.
Preparation of the substrate:
- The concrete or cementitious mortar (minimum strength CT-C25-F4) or calcium sulphate (minimum strength CA-C35-F6) substrate shall be dry, hard and free of dust.
- For the removal of impurities, separating agents, loose parts and binder concentrations, shot blasting or sand blasting shall be carried out.
- The substrate must be primed and sandblasted to saturation with ARDEX 2000 multifunctional epoxy resin (see data sheet).
- At high ambient temperatures and especially with high pigment concentration mixtures, it is recommended to prime the sandblasted surface (after sweeping and vacuuming) with ARDEX P51 diluted 1:1 with water to avoid the generation of small craters.
- The substrate must be permanently dry.
- In case of doubt carry out tests on site.
In a clean mixing container pour as much powder as necessary into clear water, stirring vigorously until a fluid, lump-free mortar is obtained (min. 2 minutes).
For mixing 25 kg of PANDOMO K1, approximately 5 to 5 % litres of water are required.
At a temperature between + 18°C and + 20°C the mortar can be used for about l/2 hour.
Lower temperatures lengthen the working time and higher temperatures shorten it.
When applying the mortar on calcium sulphate-based screeds or on screeds over radiant heating systems (hot water), panDOMO K1 should be admixed with ARDEX E25 to improve its performance.
4.5 lt. of water + 1 lt. of ARDEX E25 : 25 kg of powder.
The mortar obtained spreads and levels easily.
The minimum application thickness of panDOMO K1 is 5 mm reaching up to a maximum of 10 mm in a single operation. If thicknesses greater than 10 mm are to be achieved, this should be done in two coats, with a maximum application thickness of 20 mm. Between coats, prime with ARDEX P51 diluted 1:3.
The PANDOMO K1 mortar can be spread with a height-adjustable trowel and smoothed with a trowel with handle for large surfaces or with a trowel.
Small works: Pour 10 to 10.5 litres of clear water into a mixing container with a capacity of approx. 50 litres. With the aid of a powerful drill equipped with a stable mixer, add 50 kg = 2 bags of PANDOMO K1 powder and mix to form a lump-free, homogeneous and well-flowing mortar.
Large building sites: For pumping mortar, spiral, piston and continuous duty mixer pumps that can pump approximately 20 to 40 litres of mortar per minute are suitable.
Cement-sand mixtures should not be used to lubricate the hoses.
In the event of standstills of more than l/2 hour, the machines and hoses must be cleaned.
Never apply panDOMO Kl at temperatures below +5°C or above +30°C.
In case you want to create panDOMO FloorPlus surfaces, small quantities of panDOMO HG aggregate (approx. 70-80 gr/m2
) should be sprinkled on the freshly smoothed surface.
Prior to sealing work the surface shall be polished in three steps (using 80, 120 and 150 grit sandpaper) using a 3-disc sander. In the case of paDOMO
FloorPius floors, the surface should be sanded with 60 grit sandpaper only. After sanding, the surface should be cleaned of dust with a single disc sander using a white pad.
panDOMO K1 can be sealed after approximately 24 hours (at 20°C). (see Application Guide).
PANDOMO K1 cannot be used outdoors or in constantly damp areas.
Contains cement. It reacts alkaline, so it is necessary to protect skin and eyes. In case of contact, rinse with plenty of water.
In case of contact with eyes, consult a doctor.
Once set, it is physiologically and ecologically harmless.
GISCODE ZP 1 = low chromate cementitious product.
European Patent No.: 0884291.
(according to ARDEX quality standards)
- Mixing ratio: 5- 5.25 1 water : 25 kg powder, equivalent to approx. l vol. water: 3.5 vol. powder.
- Density : approx. l ,4 kg/l
- Density of approx. 2,0 kg/l
- mortar when fresh:
- Yield: approx. 1.5 kg powder 1m2 1 mm
- Workability: approx. 30 minutes
- Workability: approx. 3 hours
- Decoration time: As soon as it becomes trafficable
- Packaging: 2 5 kg net sacks
- Shelf life: Approx. 6 months in a dry place in its original sealed packaging.