- For screeds and screeds adhered to the substrate or floating.
- Interior and exterior use
- Fast setting
- Fast initial strength
- Very fast start-up, trafficable within 12 hours
- After 24 hours ceramic tiles can be laid, after 2 days natural stone can be laid, after 4 days it accepts the adhesion of PVC, carpet, Iinoleum or parquet.
- Generates mortar screeds
- Fulfils the requirements of EN 13813 (classification CT-C35-F5)
- Workability of 120 minutes
- Classified according to UNE EN 13813
Field of application:
- Indoors and outdoors
- For the production of walkable screeds in a short time.
- Applicable as:
- -Bonded screed
- -On separating membrane
- -As floating screed
- -On underfloor heating
- Natural stone
- Concrete tiles
- Lightweight and textile flooring
After 24 hours ceramic and concrete slabs can be laid. After 1-2 days natural stone can be adhered (depending on environmental conditions). After 3-4 days, pvc, carpet, Iinoleum or parquet can be adhered (depending on environmental conditions). For screeds, follow the indications given in particular in the standards 18353 "screed in situ" and EN 13813 "screeds and mortars for screeds". Its setting and drying speed must be taken into account when handling.
Forced-action mixers or pumping equipment may be used for mixing.
The mixing ratio is:
- 25 kg ADISOL PLUS : 1 bag
- 175 kg O-8mm sand : 21 shovelfuls
- 625-125 : water (depending on sand humidity)
- 25 kg ADISOL PLUS : 1 bag
- 200 kg sand O-8mm = 24 peelings
- 6,25-12,5 | water (depending on sand moisture).
Do not overload the mixer. The mixer should not be filled to more than % of its capacity, if the mixer is to be filled to more than this maximum, mixing should not be carried out. The 0-8 mm aggregate to be used must comply with DIN 4226 with a grain size distribution between A8 and 08.
The recommended mix of aggregates for ADISOL PLUS cement is as per ARID 35/38 (see technical data sheet) and is
11% - 0,00-0,25 mm
31% - 0.25 -1.00 mm
15% - 1.00-2.00 mm
17% - 2.00-4.00 mm
26% - 4,00-8,00 mm
The best aggregates are "river washed sand" and those of spherical shape (cubic (polyhedral) type pebbles and crushing because the water/cement ratio is lower and higher resistances are obtained.
Do not use additives or mixing oils. Do not mix with other types of cements. The working time of ADISOL PLUS mortar is approximately 2 hours. Mixing, application, levelling and smoothing must be carried out successively. The surfaces to be made must be of such dimensions that all the processes can be carried out within the established time.
Joints between screeds or partial surfaces must be made using steel bars.
Expansion and working joints must be left as in conventional screeds:
For bonded screeds, apply a primer of ARDEX P51 0 or ARDEX E100 on the concrete substrate, then, on the fresh primer, apply a slurry made of ARDEX P51 0 ARDEX E100, mixing ADISOL PLUS with sand (0-4 mm) in the ratio of 1 : 1 and adding 1 part water and 1 part ARDEX P51 0 ARDEX E100. The slurry should be applied fresh on fresh, the substrate being well swept. Apply the screed on top of the still wet grout. Codes of good site practice should be followed. In case of doubt carry out a small test.
Do not use ADISOL PLUS at temperatures below 5ºC.
Application on underfloor heating:
When screeds are laid with ADISOL PLUS on hot water underfloor heating, the waiting time is much shorter. We can start heating after 3 days of waiting once the screed has been applied, starting with a temperature of 25ºC which will be maintained for 3 days.
Then we will regulate the temperature to the maximum and maintain it for 4 days. During this time it is advisable to avoid draughts. During the laying of the coating, the surface temperature should not drop below 15ºC. Screeds made with ADISOL PLUS can be heated up to 65ºC.
Laying of coverings:
ADISOL PLUS is trafficable after 12 hours and can receive the laying of ceramic tiles and natural stone.
As the final strength is not yet reached within this time period, large loads (such as pallets of ceramic tiles or machinery) should not be placed. To check if the screed is ready to receive light flooring (which normally occurs after 4 days) moisture tests should be carried out using a carbide meter. The properties given in this data sheet are achieved using a water/cement mix ratio of 0.44, with a temperature during installation >+10°C and a relative humidity <70%.
Waiting times according to ADISOL PLUS screed coating type
- Mixing ratio: Mixing ratio 1: 5 25 kg ARDEX A 38 + 125 kg 0-8mm sand + 6-11 l water (depending on the humidity of the sand).
- Density : approx. 1.0 kg/litre.
- Density of the mortar when fresh: 2 kg/litre approx.
- Yield: Approx. 3.1 kg powder per m² per cm.
- Working time (20°C): approx. 1 hour
- Workability (20°C): Approx. 2-3 hours
- Compressive strength:
- Approx. 25 N/mm2 (1day).
- Approx. 40 N/mm2 (3 days)
- Approx. 45 N/mm2 (28 days)
- Flexural strength:
- Approx. 4 N/mm2 (1 day)
- Approx. 4,5 N/mm2 (3 days)
- Approx. 5 N/mm2 (28 days)
- Corrosion tendency: None.
- Suitable for radiant heating: Yes
- Packaging: 25 kg bags.
- Storage: Approx. 12 months in dry places and in its original closed packaging.