SEIREPOX D20 is a two-component coloured coating formulated with epoxy resins in solvent.
Fields of application
Given its epoxy nature, its use is indicated for the protection and decoration of:
- - Car parks and light traffic areas.
- - Flooring in industrial buildings and workshops where mechanical stresses are not high.
- - Showrooms.
- - Anti-dust treatment. Properties
- - Easy and fast application.
- - Provides an anti-dust surface, resistant to abrasion.
- - Clean and easy to maintain floor.
- - Decorative finish. Manufactured in a complete range of colours.
- - Excellent penetrating power, which gives it great adhesion as well as consolidating the concrete surface.
- - Good chemical resistance to diluted bases and very diluted acids.
- Type: two-component epoxy binder.
- Colour: to choose
- Density: 1,50 Kg/l
- Solids content:
- - by weight: 73 % by weight
- - by volume: 57 % by weight
- Pot-life at 25 ºC (tecam 100g): > 1 hour
- Support temperature:
- - minimum: +10 ºC
- - maximum: +30 ºC
- VOC: (Directive 2004/42/EC) < 500 g/l
- Dry to the touch (20 ºC): 5 hours
- Passable at 20 ºC (persons): 24 hours
- Total drying (20 ºC): 7 days
- Adhesion: > 3 N/mm2 (breaks concrete)
- Mixing ratio:
- - (by weight): Comp. A: 80,0 % - Comp. B: 20,0 % - Comp. B: 20,0 % (by volume): Comp.
- - (by volume): Comp. A: 67,2 % - Comp. B: 32,8 % (by volume): Comp. A: 67,2 % - Comp. B: 32,8
Directions for use
Substrate preparation The concrete substrate on which the product is to be applied must be level, free of dust, grease and moisture (max. 4%) and slightly rough.
When applied on metallic surfaces, sandblasting should be used for cleaning.
The two components A and B must be thoroughly mixed with the aid of a low speed electric stirrer so as not to introduce too much air. Once a homogeneous mixture is obtained, apply by brush, roller or airless system.
Do not apply the second coat less than 8 hours after the first coat, nor 48 hours later.
Ensure adequate ventilation of the working area. It is essential for the safety of the workers and to ensure the perfect curing of the product.
Avoid application at times of high ambient humidity, as this hinders the drying of the coating and its full resistance is not achieved.
Do not apply the second coat less than 8 hours after the first coat, nor more than 48 hours.
Cleaning of tools
Tools shall be cleaned with solvent immediately after use.
Depending on the porosity of the substrate, the recommended consumption of SEIREPOX D-20 is 0.2 - 0.3 kg/m2 per coat.
SEIREPOX D-20 is supplied in batches (A+B) of 20 and 5 Kg.
SEIREPOX D-20 is supplied in batches (A+B) of 8 and 2 Kg.
SEIREPOX D-20 has a storage period of 6 months between 5 ºC and 30 ºC in a dry place.
Safety and Hygiene
SEIREPOX D-20 contains volatile flammable solvents. In enclosed or poorly ventilated areas, use face masks and additional ventilation.
In case of spillage, collect the material with an absorbent product such as sawdust or sand.
Do not discharge uncured material into sewers, rivers, canals or soil.
SEIREPOX D-20 must not come into contact with skin and eyes or be ingested. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
In case of contact with skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, seek immediate medical attention.
Do not induce vomiting.
Wear protective gloves and goggles when handling and applying the product.