PROBIJUNT D-1 is a two-component, cold pourable polyurethane coal tar mastic. Its two components form a permanently flexible and elastic putty, resistant to oils and fuels, for sealing horizontal joints.
It complies with UNE 53.621-89, type R, class C (fast curing and fuel resistant) and the specifications,
article 550 for concrete pavements on roads (joints between slabs).
Fields of application
- - It is recommended for sealing horizontal joints in pavements, which are subject to vehicular traffic and on which there is a risk of
- aggressive chemical products such as fuels, solvents, etc., may be spilled.
- - Airports (runways, hangars, etc.).
- - Motorways and highways.
- - Service stations.
- - Workshops and warehouses, where there is a filling of fuels and motor oils.
- - Concrete joints and bituminous materials.
- - Self-levelling.
- - Easy to apply on site.
- - Good adhesion to all types of substrates.
- - Highly elastic, even at low temperatures.
- - High chemical and mechanical resistance.
- - Good weather resistance.
Instructions for use
The joint must have the appropriate section according to the joint factor, indicated in the technical characteristics.
Place a polyethylene bead at the bottom of the joint, at the indicated depth, larger than the width of the joint, in order to prevent the mastic from seeping in. The inside of the joint must be dry and free of dust, grease or any other material that prevents good adhesion.
When the walls of the joint are not very porous concrete, the adhesion can be increased by previously impregnating with PROBIJUNT D1 IMPRIMACIÓN. Allow to cure for approximately one hour and then pour PROBIJUNT D1.
- Type: two-component polyurethane and coal tar elastomer.
- Colour: black
- Density: approx. 1.3 kg/l.
- Pot-life at 25°C: approx. 30 - 45 min.
- Application temperature: +5 ºC / +35 ºC
- Service temperature: -15ºC / +50ºC
- Sticking time UNE 53-621/6.1: < 3 hours
- Shore A hardness: 10 - 20
- Tensile strength (at 20 ºC) with 100% elongation: 0.15 - 0.2 N/mm2
- Elongation at break: > 250%.
- Joint dimensioning:
- Maximum width: 35 mm
- Minimum depth: 10 mm
- Joint factor, width/depth (w/d):
- For expansion joints: w/p = 1/1 to 1/1.5
- In connection joints: w/p = 1/1 to 1/2
- Chemical resistance: Resistant to fuels and oils. Complies with UNE 53-621/6.9 standard of
- resistance to immersion in fuels.
- Admissible joint movement:
- Approx. 25% of the average joint width.
Mixing and Application
The 2 components A and B must be thoroughly mixed with the aid of a low speed electric stirrer.
Before pouring the filler, protect the edges of the joint with adhesive tape to prevent the filler from sticking and staining the floor. Once PROBIJUNT D-1 has been poured and levelled, remove the adhesive tape.
Maximum permissible slope: 3%.
Cleaning of tools
Tools should be cleaned with solvent immediately after use.
Approximate consumption of PROBIJUNT D-1 is 0.150 kg per linear metre of joint with a cross-section of 1x1 cm.
PROBIJUNT D-1 is supplied in batches (A + B) of 10 kg.
PROBIJUNT D-1 has a storage period of 6 months between 5 ºC and 30ºC in a dry place, keeping the containers tightly closed.
containers tightly closed at all times.
Safety and hygiene
In case of spillage, collect the material with an absorbent product such as sawdust or sand. Do not spill uncured material into sewers, rivers,
uncured material into sewers, rivers, canals or soil.
PROBIJUNT D-1 must not come into contact with skin and eyes or be ingested. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. In case of contact with skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, seek immediate medical attention. Do not induce vomiting.
Wear protective gloves and goggles when handling and applying the product.