Field of application:
Mainly for the bonding of new to old concrete being to highlight its open time of adhesion (tackiness) variable according to the ambient temperature. The concrete or mortar should be applied as long as there is tackiness in the ADIPOX PLUS applied.
In general for bonding all kinds of construction materials together, such as prefabricated, iron, stoneware and ceramics.
As a protective coating and waterproofing in channels and tanks.
For making mortars in a 1:1 and 1:3 ratio (resin : silica sand).
- Colour: grey.
- Density: 1.6 kg/l. approx.
- Good adhesion.
- Total impermeability.
- Good mechanical resistance: 800 kg/cm 2 in compression and 500 kg/cm 2 in flexotraction.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- It is available in two components: Base and Reactor. Once mixed, there is a time limit for its use which decreases with temperature. At 20°C the pot life of ADIPOX PLUS is 70 min.
- The open tack time is about 4 hours at 20°C (6 hours at 10°C and 3 hours at 30°C).
- Dry to touch (20°C) = 10 h. Component A: grey.
- Component B: amber. Very good workability.
Instructions for use:
To prepare the mixture, pour the contents of the upper container (previously shaken) into the larger lower container and shake until a uniform greenish colour is achieved.
In case of smaller mixtures, mix the Base and Reactor according to the proportions by volume:
Base:Reactor = 5:1.
The substrate must be clean, dry and solid.
Apply by roller or stiff-haired brush.
Depends on the roughness of the substrate, ranging from 0.5 to 1 kg/m 2 .
Do not breathe vapours. In case of contact with skin, wash immediately and thoroughly with soap and water.
Wear suitable clothing and gloves and eye/face protection.
Packaging and storage:
ADIPOX PLUS is supplied in pre-dosed two-component sets: Base and Reactor.
Containers of 5 kg and 1 kg.
Maximum storage time: One year in well sealed containers and protected from the weather.